CSPC 2014 Registration is now open
Another exciting CSPC is coming soon! Taking place from October 15-17 at the World Trade and Convention Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia, CSPC 2014 will provide an Atlantic taste into the national forum. The Halifax conference will provide yet another exciting event full of discussions and presentations on the emerging issues of Canadian Science Technology and innovation policy.
Held for the FIRST time in Atlantic Canada, highlights include:
- 14 exciting panels, 50 distinguished speakers and over 300 participants!
Wednesday’s interactive pre-conference workshop and dinner:
- The Start-Up Meet-Up: A Lean Entrepreneurship Approach to Advancing Innovation
Two plenary sessions:
- Procurement and Industrial Technological Benefits (ITB) and Value Propositions
- An Audit for Science! Really? Including a discussion with Julie Gelfand, Commissioner of the Environment and Sustainable Development, on her recently released first report as Commissioner. To view the report, please visit: http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/
Keynote sessions with:
- Honorary co-chairs Frank McKenna, currently Deputy Chairman of the Toronto-Dominion Bank and former Canadian Ambassador to the United States and John Risley, President and CEO of Clearwater Fine Foods Inc
- The Honourable Ed Holder, Minister of State (Science and Technology)
- The Honourable Michel Samson, Minister of Economic and Rural Development and Tourism
Identifying Business Insurance Needs for a Company
Starting a new business venture can be a dream come true for people who want to take on additional challenges in life. Instead of the traditional 9 to 5 job that most people are taught to pursue in life, there is a group of people that usually decide to take this path. Fortunately, there is a lot of valuable information available online today that can assist these owners with their every day needs as well as the best ways to get established with a solid foundation during its started up. One of the most essential parts of breaking ground for a new business facility is understanding what kinds of coverage will be needed to protect the business from various kinds of claims and liabilities. More importantly, each business owner will need to know what types of business insurance will be needed for the venture that they are launching. That being said, this write up will highlight a few that the business owner will need to research to see how they apply to their specific organization.
Workman Compensation Insurance
As previously referenced, it is very important that each business owner does their own homework to determine which types of business insurance applies to their start-up. In some cases, this insurance will be needed for some business owners, while it may not be necessary for others. For instance, when a person hurts themselves on the job, the business owner must have the right kind of insurance available to cover the cost. In specific, the type of insurance referenced in these circumstances is workman’s compensation. On the other hand, if the business owner does not have workers on the job that report to a specific physical facility, the worker compensation claim is not needed for their operations. Meaning worker’s compensation needs can vary from one organization to another.
Another type of insurance that many business owners need today is property insurance. However, as referenced previously, this is another type of insurance that can vary from one organization to another. Specifically, in cases where property insurance is not needed for the business since no property is involved. For instance, property insurance coverage is not needed for most online companies since they may not have a physical facility or property to manage or under their control.
Knowing what type of Brampton business insurance is needed when a business opens its door for business is one of the essential keys to being successful. Since insurance some insurance coverage policies are a necessity and not a luxury, the owner should make sure that they are doing their homework first to make sure that they are operating their companies effectively.